Nespresso has been a popular single-serve espresso system for as long as I can remember. It’s the perfect way to brew a delicious shot of espresso to drink on its own or add nice creamy froth to it for a nice pick-me-up coffee drink. Since then, Nespresso has expanded their systems to include machines that make coffee as well as espresso. So now they have the OriginalLine, which is the espresso-only brewers, and Vertuo, the Coffee and Espresso brewers.
What Is Nespresso Vertuo:
Vertuo is a one-touch brewing system by Nespresso that make a long cup of coffee in addition to a nice traditional cup of espresso or lungo. Just like previous Nespresso machines, Vertuo operates automatically to deliver coffee or espresso at optimal settings for the best results.
Technology of Vertuo:
Vertuo machines are equipped with a patented technology called Centrifusion. It operates differently than their OriginalLine machines or other single serve machines that require a pump for coffee extraction. Centrifusion works by rapidly spinning the capsule as it extracts the coffee. By filling the capsule with water as it spins, the system ensures full coffee ground saturation and extraction.
Another technology that Vertuo has is the intelligent system that reads the barcode on each coffee capsule you brew and automatically adjusts the machine to best parameters for that individual capsule. This means that you will get unique experience for each coffee or espresso blend you brew using a Vertuo machine.
Nespresso Vertuo Capsules:
Vertuo machines are only compatible with capsules made exclusively for them by Nespresso. You can choose from a range of espresso or coffee capsules in different sizes. The Vertuo system is limited to its own capsules, there are no alternative capsules or refillable capsules.
What Drinks Can You Make with Vertuo:
Here are the available drinks and serving sizes on a Vertuo machine:
- Espresso: 1.35 oz
- Double Espresso: 2.7 oz
- Americano (Gran Lungo): 5 oz
- Coffee: 7.77 oz
- Alto: 14 oz
You can also make specialty coffee drinks: Cappuccino, Latte, Macchiato and other recipes by adding milk or frothy milk to espresso.
Nespresso Vertuo Machines:
The Vertuo brewing system is available in a few different models to choose from. All Vertuo machines are compatible with the same capsules, but they will differ in design.
Nespresso VertuoPlus and VertuoPlus Deluxe:
There are two features that set the VertuoPlus apart from the other Vertuo machines:
- It has a swivel water reservoir that you can place on the back of the machine or on either of its sides.
- It has a motorized head that lowers or lifts up without any hand pressure from you.
VertuoPlus is available in two version:
- VertuoPlus with 40 oz water reservoir
- VertruoPlus Deluxe with 60 oz reservoir.
VertuoPlus DeLonghi vs. Breville:
The difference brand names offer two distinct designs:
The one made by DeLonghi has a flat top, the other by Breville has more of a dome-like top. Each brand offers different colors and design, but the machines are exactly the same in how they work.
Any Other Differences Between VertuoPlus vs. VertuoPlus Deluxe?
Other than the difference in water reservoir capacity, the Deluxe version features some chrome accents on the drip tray and the top lid of the machine.
Watch It in Action:
Nespresso Vertuo (Previously Known as Evoluo):
Vertuo is a previous model to the VertuoPlus. When it first came out, it carried the name Evoluo. But seems like Nespresso has refreshed its name to call it Vertuo.
This model has a 54 oz water reservoir. Unlike the VertuoPlus, the head on the machine is manual and not motorized. You’ll have to press down the head and twist the lock to start the brewing cycle.
There are two versions of the Vertuo machine:
This earlier version, which is the first Vertuo machine to be released, has a 40 oz water reservoir. Some customers have reported that it delivers not so hot coffee, or at unacceptable temperature. I would recommend that you skip this one and buy the updated version..
The newer Vertuo (a.k.a Evoluo) has a larger water reservoir, a better design, and it seems to deliver coffee temperature better that the first version.
Is There a Difference Between Nespresso Vertuo by DeLonghi vs. by Breville?
There is no actual difference between Nespresso machines under either brand, DeLonghi or Breville. Not in how the machines works, at least. The difference is going to be in the design only, that would slight design features and exclusive colors to each brand. But all machines are the same at their core.
Watch it in action:
Compare Nespresso Vertuo Machines:
Vertuo (Evoluo) vs. VertuoPlus, How Are They Different?
Vertuo is an older version of the VertuoPlus, so you can expect improvement on performance and design in the VertuoPlus model.
- Vertuo has a 54 oz water capacity and a 17 used capsule storage capacity.
- VertuoPlus is available in two capacities: VertuoPlus with 40 oz capacity and 10 used capsule drawer capacity. The VertuoPlus Deluxe with 60 oz water reservoir and 10 used capsule drawer capacity.
- Vertuo has a more bulky design. The water reservoir is positioned on the side of the machine, while the used capsule drawer is positioned on the other side.
- VertuoPlus and VertuoPlus Deluxe has a more modern and sleek design. Starting with its moveable water reservoir, which allows you to move it to the right, left or back of the machine. This is a great design feature for someone with limited space. The models are also available in two design variations, one from DeLonghi and another from Breville.
- The head of the machine is where the capsule is inserted for brewing.
- On the Vertuo machine, the head is manually lifted. You’ll place your capsule, close the brewing head and manually twist the knob to lock it in place and hit the brew button.
- On the VertuoPlus, the whole process has been redesign to be easier and more convenient. The head is motorized, so when you push it up or down it automatically lifts up/close down without any force from you. The lock knob is no longer there, so as soon as the brewing head closes, you simply push the brew button to start the cycle.
Compatible Capsules and Drink Preparation:
All Vertuo machines are compatible with the same capsules from Nespresso. They also prepare the same serving sizes.
What Is The Difference Between Vertuo and VertuoLine?
Vertuo and VertuoLine refer to the same thing. When Nespresso first released their espresso/coffee machine, they called it the VertuoLine. VertuoLine was also used to refer to the system itself including all models in their Vertuo product line. Now, it seems like Nespresso has dropped the ‘Line’ from the name (in the US, at least) and it’s now simply referred to as Vertuo.
Vertuo Compared to Other Nespresso Machines:
Vertuo vs. Inissia:
- Inissia is one of Nespresso’s OriginalLine machines. It’s an espresso machine and cannot make coffee. It uses Nespresso’s original capsules to brew two serving sizes; espresso and lungo.
- When it comes to capsule compatibility, the Inissia works with capsules from Nespresso, Nespresso-compatible capsules from 3rd party brands and refillable capsules. So when it comes to Inissia, or any other OriginalLine machine, the options for capsules are a lot more.
- Using an Inissia, you can pretty much make any espresso based drink, provided you have a frother to prepare the milk froth. You can’t make coffee, but the closest option for a long coffee would be to make an Americano (a shot or two of espresso and hot water).
Vertuo vs. Creatista:
- Creatista is another Nespresso OriginalLine machine. This model combines Nespresso’s convenient single-serve system with Breville’s advanced espresso machine features.
- Unlike other Nespresso machines that are usually bundled with a Aeroccino milk frother, Nespresso’s milk frother that heats and whisks milk to create froth, the Creatista model features a professional steam wand. Using the wand, you can create professional micro-foam textured milk that you can use to build beautiful latte art. The Creatista also allows you to customize your drink in many ways: you can choose from many milk temperatures, texture levels and pre-set coffee drink selections that can also be reprogrammed to your liking. And you can do it all using the intuitive colored screen.
- The Creatista is compatible with all OriginalLine compatible capsules.
As you can see, Creatisa is an entirely different thing that Vertuo. It’s even different to other Nespresso OriginalLine machines. It’s a great option for someone who wants a coffee experience as close to a professional espresso machine as possible, but still easy and convenient for the home user.
Making a Latte Using a Vertuo Machine:
- When you make a latte using a Vertuo machine, first thing you’ll need to make sure you have an electric milk frother. That could be the Nespresso Aeroccino which is available as bundle with the machine or any milk frother you have.
- After you prepare the milk froth, simply brew an Espresso capsule into the milk froth which you’ve added to your tall glass.
- The Aeroccino can froth any type of milk you want, however, results are not the same as with any milk frother. The consistency of the milk always leads to different results. Nespresso recommends that you use full fat milk or skimmed milk for best results.
Best Recommended Vertuo Capsules:
an assortment pack containing three of the best selling Vertuo capsules. You get a total of 30 capsules, 10 Stormio, 10 Odacio, 10 Melozio (intensities 8, 7 & 6).
- STORMIO: A rich and strong coffee blend. Nespresso Intensity 8. 100% Arabica – Nicaraguan and Guatemalan Beans
- ODACIO: A bold and lively coffee blend. Nespresso Intensity 7. 100% Arabica – Split roasted Ethiopian & Nicaraguan Beans
- MELOZIO: A smooth and balanced coffee blend. Nespresso Intensity 6. 100% Arabica – Split Roasted Brazilian Bourbon & Central American Beans
Click here to learn more about this assortment pack, read the customer reviews and buy it.
This assortment contains three type of flavored coffee capsules. Nespresso’s flavored capsules are natural and do not contain any sugar. This pack contains a total of 30 capsules, 10 of each:
- HAZELINO: A blend of slightly roasted Brazilian and Central American Arabicas infused with a hazelnut flavor which creates a smooth, balanced coffee that is sweet to the taste with a distinct, nutty aroma.
- CARAMELIZIO: Lightly roasted Arabica beans from Brazil and Central America reveal notes of caramelized sugar and subtle scents of vanilla.
- VANIZIO: The flavor of vanilla brings a velvety layer of taste to the roundness found in this smooth and balanced blend of Brazilian and Central American Arabica coffee beans.
Click here to learn more about this assortment pack, read the customer reviews and buy it.
For people who like a bold taste, this assortment contains 40 capsules of dark roasts and high intensity blends:
- STORMIO: A rich and strong coffee. Nespresso Intensity 8. 100% Arabica – Nicaraguan and Guatemalan Beans
- INTENSO: A dense & deep coffee. Nespresso Intensity 9. Guatemalan washed Robusta, Mexican & South American Arabica.
- ALTISSIO: A full-bodied & creamy espresso. Nespresso Intensity 9. Costa Rican Arabica & South America Robusta.
- DIAVOLITTO: A highly intense & powerful espresso. Nespresso Intensity 11. Central & South America Robusta beans with Brazilian Arabica.
Click here to learn more about this assortment pack, read the customer reviews and buy it.
Best Nespresso Vertuo Accessories:
DecoBros tempered glass capsule storage allows you to place your Vertuo machine on top while conveniently keeping your capsules organized and easy to reach right under it. The drawer can hold up to 40 small capsules or 20 large capsules.
Click here to learn more about this Vertuo capsule storage drawer, read the customer reviews and buy it.
Another design for a capsule storage unit, this carousel by Prepara holds up to 20 coffee capsules or 30 espresso capsules at a time. In the middle, there’s room for a capsule sleeve to be stored.
Click here to learn more about this Vertuo capsule storage carousel, read the customer reviews and buy it.
So far, we’ve talked about the Lattissima EN720 and EN680 in our blog, and we’ve lined out the difference between them. In this post, we’ll be looking at two other lattissima models, the Lattissima Pro and Lattissima Plus.
What Is The Difference Between The Lattissima Pro and Lattissima Plus?
Like many other espresso machines, these might look quite similar when you see them for the first time. And they are, to some extent. There are two main similarities in these two machines:
- They are powered by Nespresso’s Capsule system. So you can ONLY use Nespresso capsules with them.
- They have an integrated milk frother which heats and froths the milk automatically and pours it right into your cup.
What about the differences?
- The DeLonghi Pro is a newer, much polished and much improved version of the Lattissima Plus.
- The PRO features a touch-screen display which allows you to easily customize your drinks. The PLUS has push-buttons.
- The PRO has 6 drinks already pre-set and ready for you to try! All pre-sets can be reprogrammed as well. The PLUS has 3 drink pre-sets.
- Design wise: The Lattissima PRO featured beautiful Italian design, full stainless steel body with blue LED blacklight indicators. The PLUS has plastic body, and available in few colors.
- Both machines has detachable milk frothers, but with the Lattissima PRO you can have milk froth without the need to brew coffee, which you can use for hot chocolate for example. This option isn’t available in the PLUS.
- The Lattissima PRO features a hot water dispenser which gives you boiled water instantly.
Click here to learn more about the DeLonghi America Lattissima PRO, read the customer reviews and buy it.
Click here to learn more about the DeLonghi Lattissima Plus, read the customer reviews and buy it.
How To Use the Lattissima Pro:
In this post, we’re comparing two of the top-rated budget espresso makers by DeLonghi, the EC702 vs. the ECO310W espresso makers. Why these two? Because both are at similar range of price and they seemingly look or have the same features, which might confuse a lot of buyers. So what we’ll do is highlight the differences between the two machines to help you make a better informed decision.
DeLonghi EC702 vs. ECO310W: What Is The Difference?
First of all, let us highlight the similarities between them:
- 15-bar pressure pump espresso makers.
- Patented milk frother/steam wand.
- Include dual filters for use with ground coffee or espresso pods (E.S.E pods).
- Self priming operation that eliminates start up wait time.
- Cup warming tray.
- 1100Watts input power
The Difference Between These Espresso Makers:
- The ICONA ECO310W has a vintage Italian look while the EC702 has more of a sleek look.
- The ECO310W has a slightly larger water tank capacity at 48oz (1.4L) while the EC702 has 44oz (1.3L) capacity.
- Design wise, the ECO310W has a metal exterior available in three colors: beige, black and red. The EC702 combined plastic and metal, available in stainless steel color only.
Which Espresso Maker Should I Buy?
As far as I can see, the difference between these two machines is hardly mentionable, there’s at the same price range as well. So your choice would come to which machine would look better in your kitchen and which design you prefer. The metal exterior on the ICONA ECO310W is great for aesthetics as well as durability. Other than that, you’re buying the same features.
Click here to learn more about the DeLonghi ICONA ECO310W Espresso maker, read the customer reviews and buy it.
Click here to learn more about the DeLonghi EC702 Espresso maker, read the customer reviews and buy it.
We’ve already talked about the best conical burr grinders you can get for under $200 in a previous post. If you’ve got a higher budget than that, then you can buy yourself an even better grinder. Here are our choices for the best burr grinders for under $400*. These are perfect for home use and are powerful enough for commercial use…
*Price is correct as of the time of writing this post. Prices are subject to change by sellers.
Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Coffee Grinder:
- 50mm commercial grade mill.
- 166watts motor, quiet operation.
- Ability to grind right into a portafilter for easy operation.
- 0.65 lbs bean hopper capacity.
- Different grinding options, from coarse to fine, and grinding is completed in seconds.
- Grind settings is changed by spinning bean hopper.
- The tinted bean hopper keeps the coffee fresh until ready to use.
Click here to read the customer reviews, learn more about this grinder and buy it.
KitchenAid Pro Line Series Burr Coffee Mill:
- Die-cast metal body. Very solid and durable.
- Made in the USA.
- Choose from 15 grind settings.
- Low-noise motor, uses two precision stainless steel cutting burrs.
- Glass bean hopper.
- Commercial grade performance for commercial or home use.
Click here to learn more about this grinder, read the customer reviews and buy it.
The Saeco Poemia and Aroma espresso machines are two excellent budget machines for the beginner at home barista. Both look somewhat similar yet they’re differently priced, why is that? And which of them is better?
Let’s have a look at the comparison chart:
What Is The Difference Between The Saeco Poemia and Aroma?
If that table is a bit confusing to you, let’s break the difference down:
- Design: the Poemia is plastic made, while the Aroma is in stainless steel housing which is more durable.
- Features: The Aroma features a knob that allows you to control the intensity of the Espresso from mild to strong. The Poemia does not have this feature.
- Water tank: the Aroma has an 80 oz water tank vs. a 34 oz water tank for the Poemia.
- Both have a frothing wand that doubles as a hot water dispenser.
- Both are compatible with ground coffee or E.S.E pods.
- Both have the same pressurized filter and 15-bar pump pressure.
Which Is Best, the Saeco Aroma or Poemia and Why?
The Aroma machine wins for three reasons:
- Its stainless steel housing that makes it more durable and easy to clean.
- Its large water tank.
- For the ability to tweak the flavor and intensity of your espresso shots
The Aroma is more expensive than the Poemia, so if it’s within your budget to buy a machine for a little under $300, the Aroma should definitely be your choice.
Click here to learn more about the Saeco Poemia, read the customer reviews and buy it.
Click here to learn more about the Saeco Aroma, read the customer reviews and buy it.
Saeco Aroma vs. Via Venezia, What’s The Difference?
Now we’ve established that the Saeco Aroma is better than the Poemia, we’ll compare it to another machine also by Saeco called the Via Venezia:
- Both the Aroma and Via Venezia are at around the same price range, with a little extra for the Via Venezia.
- When it comes to operation, the Via Venezia uses button controls as well as a steam dial, just like the Aroma, only located differently. They look quite similar, too.
- The water reservoir capacity on the Aroma is 85 oz, and the machine has a clear front window that shows you the level of the water. As for the Via Venezia, the capacity is 68 oz with no front-window.
Apart from the slight design difference and the water reservoir capacity, we can’t see any differences in the actual operation of the two machines. The Via Venezia is also available in both black and steel design, much like the Aroma.
Click here to learn more about the Via Venezia, read the customer reviews and buy it.
I admit it, I’ve played the role of the Coffee Police before, but thankfully, I’ve never ended up with a drink like that!
Source – ILoveCoffee.jp
Sure, you love drinking coffee by the gallon! But how much do you know about your beloved beverage?
[Source & Full original article: 15 Things Worth Knowing About Coffee]
For the longest time, Nespresso machines only worked exclusively with their own Nespresso coffee capsules. Not anymore! We’re seeing a trend of new coffee companies making Nespresso compatible coffee capsules that will add new blends of coffee to your already favorite variations by Nespresso. We’ve done the research for you and compiled this list of Nespresso compatible coffee capsules that you can buy and try today!
HiLine Nespresso Compatible Coffee Capsules:
- Available in 5 different roasts.
- 10 capsules per sleeve.
- Works with all Nespresso machines.
- Rated 5 stars by customers.
Click here to read customer reviews and buy it on amazon.
Caffe Vergnano Espresso Capsules:
- Available in 5 intensities.
- Compatible with all Nespresso machines.
- 10 capsules per box.
- Capsules made from bio-degradable material.
Click here to read the customer reviews and buy it on amazon.
CafePods Nespresso Compatible Capsules:
- Available in 4 intensities.
- Compatible with all Nespresso machines.
- 10 capsules per box.
Click here for more information and to buy it on amazon.
DualPresso Nespresso Compatible Capsules:
- Compatible with all Nespresso machines.
- Available in 8 blends and intensities.
- Sample Pack available.
Making a cup of delicious and frothy Latte or hot chocolate has never been this easy! Mr. Coffee’s Cafe Latte is a simply to use machine that prepares lattes or hot chocolate with a press of a button.
How it works:
- Open the top lid and add your espresso or coffee ground and water.
- Add milk to the carafe, as well as any other ingredients (flavors.. etc.)
- Press the button to turn the machine on.
It will then start brewing your coffee, frothing your milk and mixing them together for the perfect cup of Latte.
Mr Coffee BVMC-EL1 Cafe Latte maker is an excellent and affordable choice for anyone looking to make latte’s on a daily basis. Did we mention it makes Hot Chocolate, too?! it works the same way, only you’ll add all ingredients to the carafe without having to use the brewing function.
Carafe holds up to 24 ounces. Includes a recipe book with 20 different drinks you can prepare.
Click here to learn more about this latte maker and to read the customer reviews.
Here’s a quick recap of which home espresso machines use capsules, and which capsules they use.
Nespresso Espresso Maker:
Available in different models, most popular being: Nespresso U, Nespresso Pixie and CitiZ and the great collaboration model DeLonghi and Nespresso EN720 M Lattissima.
Capsules: Uses Nespresso Capsules exclusively. Available in a variety of flavors and grinds.
What it makes: Only espresso, which you can use to make all kinds of coffee drinks.
Reviews: Click here to see all our Nespresso machine reviews.
CBTL Kaldi S04 Single-Serve Beverage Center:
Capsules: Uses CBTL’s capsules, or any capsules compatible with CAFFITALY machines.
What it Makes: Espresso, coffee, hot chocolate and tea. All available from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.
Review: Click here to read our review of the CBTL Kaldi S04.
Francis Francis X7.1 For illy:
Capsules: Uses illy’s IperEspresso Capsules exclusively. Available in different roasts. No flavored coffee.
What it Makes: Espresso only. The machine features a steam wand that you can use for milk frothing.
Review: Click here for our review of the Francis Francis X7.1
Gaggia Plus for Illy:
Capsules: Uses Illy’s IperEspresso capsules exclusively.
What it Makes: Espresso. Machine includes a steam wand for easy milk frothing.
Review: Click here for our review of Gaggia Plus.
Keurig Rivo 500:
Capsules: Uses Lavazza capsules exclusively. Available in 4 different blends.
What it Makes: Espresso, Cappuccino and Lattes. Includes a built-in automatic milk frother.
Review: Click here to read our review of the Keurig Rivo 500.
– Difference Between Keurig Vue coffee system and Rivo 500
– Best Single-Serve Espresso Machines.
– Nespresso Capsules vs. Illy’s IperEspresso, which is best?
Is a Keurig K-Cups machine your choice of brewing method? One of the best thing about K-Cups is the amount of coffee variety available for it! There are so many flavors, varieties and drinks to try, but how do you get to try them all? Getting sample packs is the answer!
What Is a K-Cups Sampler Variety Pack?
A sample pack usually includes a number of K-Cups from different brands, in different flavors, variations and different beverages (coffee, tea, hot chocolate.. etc.) A sample pack allows you to sample as many different brands as you like before you decide which is your favorite. Or to simply keep a nice variety of K-Cups available at hand.
Below, we’ve picked out the top-rated K-Cup variety packs available. These include every thing you’ll ever want to try: Coffee, tea, Cappuccino, Espresso… you name it, from brands like: Green Mountain, Donut Shop, Tully’s, Wolfgang Puck, Twinnings, Starbucks and many many more!
Note: If you have a sweet tooth we highly recommend the Delicious Cravings Sweets Flavored Pack, and if you prefer to try different Cappuccinos, try the Cappuccino Variety Pack with different flavors included! And if you happened to be looking for a way to organize your K-Cups, check out our post on the best K-cup coffee pod drawers.
Best K-Cups Sampler Variety Packs:
- Brewing Something Good Unique 35-Count Variety Pack, Single-Cup Portion Pack Sampler for Keurig K-Cup Brewers
- Crazy Cups Coffee Only Gift Sampler, Single-cup coffee pack sampler for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, 70-Count
- 18 Pack – Limited Edition Fall Flavors Coffee Variety Pack of K-Cups for Keurig Brewers – Pumpkin Spice, Butter Toffee, Cinnamon, French Vanilla, Mocha, Cappuccino and Hazelnut flavored- from Timothy’s, Gloria Jeans, Donut House Collection, Van Houtte
- Grove Square Cappuccino, French Vanilla, 24-Count Single Serve Cup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers
- 40 K-cup Delicious Craving Sweets Flavored Sampler Pack, Guaranteed 40 Different Flavored K-cups! Mudslide, Butterscotch, Southern Pecan+
In our quest to find you the best electric milk frothers, we featured the Secura Milk Frother and Warmer as one of the top 4 choices customers preferred. But it’s proven to best the best seller among them all, actually!
Why Secura Milk Frother and Warmer is The Best:
- It does exactly what it promises! Warms and froths milk with a touch of a button.
- Size options: It has a larger capacity that other frothers, and it’s available in two sizes: 250ml and 500ml.
- Best value: even it’s largest capacity is cheaper than smaller frothers of other brands. So you get more value for a cheaper price.
The Secura Milk Frother and Warmer allows you to create creamy and delicious froth for your coffee drinks with a push of a button. You have option to warm milk, froth milk, and create either hot or cold froth. It’s very well built, with stainless steel exterior that is easy to wipe clean and very durable, and vacuum insulation on the inside. Your purchase of the Secura Milk Frother includes 2-year warranty.
Click here to read the customer reviews of this milk frother.
Nespresso’s machines and Keurig’s are seemingly similar. I mean, both are a single-serve coffee machine, doesn’t that make them the same? Certainly not. There’s quite a difference between the two machines that we will discuss in this post.
Comparison Between the Best Keurig Vue Machines:
What is a Keurig Vue Machine and How it Works:
The Keurig Vue is a coffee maker that uses special pods to create your coffee. The Vue cups (different than Keurig’s K-Cups) are available from MANY different coffee brands like Starbucks, Green Mountain, Donut Shop, Caribou, Folgers and many more. It can make coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cappuccino and latte as well as many other beverages that are provided as Vue-cups.
A Keurig Vue machine does not require you to froth or heat milk to create gourmet coffee drinks, the entire Cappuccino/Latte ingredients are already within the vue-cup. So a simple push of a button will create your whole drink from the vue-cup. Same goes for other drinks.
It’s important to understand that the Keurig is not an espresso machine (though Keurig does have the Keurig Rivo 500 espresso machine) The Keurig Vue is a coffee maker and beverage center.
Click here to read our review of the Keurig Vue coffee maker and compare it with a Keurig K-Cups system.
What Is a Nespresso Machine and How Does it Work?
A Nespresso Machine is a single-serve ESPRESSO machine. It works to brew espresso only, in different and programmable volumes. You’ll be able to create gourmet coffee drinks by using the Nespresso milk frother (or any other frother) to froth your milk as your drink requires.
Nespresso’s machines use Nespresso capsules exclusively. While they do have a wide range of espresso blends in different flavors, they only offer espresso pods.
Which One Should You Get? A Keurig Vue or a Nespresso?
That’s a question you can only answer yourself. Think about your daily coffee habit, which drinks do you prefer most? Are you an Espresso person, a full cup of coffee brew person? Do you want a machine that also makes tea and other drinks? Do you prefer a certain brand that you can only find as a Vue-cup?
But let me try to make this simpler for you:
- If you prefer a wide range of hot beverages, and not just cappuccinos and lattes, you can get yourself a Keurig.
- If you’re mainly looking for Cappuccinos, lattes, Macchiatos and other espresso goodness, you’ll want a Nespresso. While a Keurig can offer you that, a Cappuccino pod CANNOT compare to a Cappuccino made with freshly extracted espresso and fresh steamed milk.
Want to learn more about Nespresso machines? See our Nespresso comparison page here, and all our Nespresso reviews here.
We’ve already featured a number of the top-rated electric milk frothers on the market, but if you’re looking to make more with your appliance, you’ll love these that combine a milk frother and a hot chocolate maker.
Bialetti Hot Chocolate Maker & Milk Frother:
- Make delicious frothy hot chocolate or frothy milk for coffee drinks.
- Makes 32 ounces of hot chocolate/milk froth (four 8 ounce cups).
- Make hot chocolate using cocoa powder, chocolate shavings or chocolate syrup.
- Automatically mixes and froths the hot chocolate or milk to perfect serving temperature.
- Timer with auto shut-off.
- Cool Mixing feature to create frothy milk for iced drinks.
Breville BMF600XL Milk Café Milk Frother:
- Uses induction heat to froth milk and create hot chocolate.
- Features two discs: Latte disc for smooth froth and Cappuccino disc for a thicker and creamier froth.
- Disc storage in the base of the frother.
- Mixes hot chocolate by adding chocolate shaving, chocolate syrup or powder.
- Includes a measuring cup for any additions you’d like to add to the milk.
- Milk volume indicator in the jug stops over-filling. It senses if there’s more milk than it should and won’t start working until you get rid of excess milk.
- Lid, measuring cup and jug are all dishwasher safe.
People often wonder if a home espresso machine is worth the cost. What exactly can you make with it that it would be worth it? What kind of drinks can you make with an espresso machine?
If you’re a frequent visitor of coffee houses, then you can pretty much make everything on your local cafe’s menu at home, for a FRACTION of the price! Just to name a few, with an an espresso machine you’ll make: Cappuccino, Latte, Macchiato, Regular coffee, Iced coffee, frappes… yup, like we just said, everything on the menu!
How Can You Make Your Favorite Coffee Drinks At Home?
The basis of all gourmet coffee drinks is Espresso, a small dose of really strong coffee that you later add milk to for creating all those drinks (or water for regular black coffee). An espresso machine allows you to brew espresso as well as heat and froth the milk. If you want flavored coffee like vanilla, caramel, or whichever your favorite flavor, you can simply buy the syrup for it and add it to it.
Here’s a video that will give you an idea of how easy it can be to make your own coffee drink at home:
How To Make a Cappuccino at Home: (Espresso machine featured in this video is the DeLonghi EC702):
- Espresso and coffee maker combos
- Pump Espresso Machine
- Manual Espresso Machine
- Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Espresso Pod Machines
- Espresso/Coffee Machines with Built-In Grinder
- Stovetop Espresso Makers
- Single-Serve Coffee Machines
- Coffee Pod Drawers
- Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Coffee Roasters
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking DoseofCaffeine.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.