Best 3 Espresso Machines for Beginners
Are you getting your first espresso machine at home? If that’s the case, here’s our recommendations for your first machine. We chose these machines based on a few factors:
- Ease of use: they’re easy to use and get a hang of. Nothing too complicated for the starting barista.
- Price range: They’re very well priced under $300. There’s no need for you to spend $1000s on a machine when you’re still not ready.
- Durability: These machines should last you a few good years until you’re ready to upgrade to a larger or more sophisticated machine. By that time, you’ll sure be a professional at using an espresso machine at home.
1. Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker:
The Breville Cafe Aroma is simply beautiful, a shiny stainless steel machine that looks like a commercial machine, yet it’s made with the home user in mind. It comes with everything you need to get you started: a double filter that you can use with ground coffee or espresso pods, a steam want for milk frothing, a set of stainless steel espresso cups, and a milk pitcher.
2. DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker:
The DeLonghi EC702 is also a great starter machine for beginners. Also stainless steel built like the previous one, it is easy to clean and maintain. While it does have the double filter and a steam wand, it lacks the extra accessories (the stainless steel cup set and pitcher), so you’ll have to buy those separately.
Note: For best results possible, you are recommended to brew your coffee using fresh ground espresso. If you don’t have a coffee grinder, see our recommended grinders here.
3. Nespresso CitiZ Automatic Espresso Maker:
A Nespresso maker is as easy and convenient as it gets for a coffee lover. It won’t turn you into a barista, but it’s an excellent machine to make espresso and gourmet coffee drinks with a touch of a button. This machine uses Nespresso capsules that are pre-measured and make you the perfect shot every single time. All you have to do is insert a capsule and press a button, within a second you’ll be all set! The machine also comes with an automatic milk frother that creates hot or cold froth in under a minute.
- Espresso and coffee maker combos
- Pump Espresso Machine
- Manual Espresso Machine
- Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Espresso Pod Machines
- Espresso/Coffee Machines with Built-In Grinder
- Stovetop Espresso Makers
- Single-Serve Coffee Machines
- Coffee Pod Drawers
- Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Coffee Roasters
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking DoseofCaffeine.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.