Which Is The Best Coffee Grinder for The Money?
There’s nothing like the taste of a freshly brewed cup of coffee from a freshly ground coffee. Having a great coffee grinder is an essential factor of making the perfect cup of coffee at home.
What To Look For in A Coffee Grinder:
– An electric coffee grinder will always do a better job than a manual grinder. Although a manual grinder is portable and great on the go, it’s quite tiring to use daily at home.
– Make sure the grinder has different grind settings. Some grinders will only fine-grind beans, giving you less options in how to use the coffee ground (espresso only). If you plan to use your grinder for grinding beans for different brewing methods (drip, espresso, french press…), make sure that it does a good job of grinding at each setting.
Here are our recommendations for the best coffee grinders for home use:
Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder – Best Value for the Money:
Bodum has always been a leader in making coffee machine accessories, and things are no different with this coffee grinder by them.
What makes the Bodum Bistro grinder great is how adjustable it is. You can twist the bean container to determine how finely ground the coffee will be. There are over 14 settings on this grinder, giving you the option to choose from very coarse to very finely grind coffee. Another great feature that you won’t find in other grinders is the borosilicate glass coffee container, which is static free and eliminates jumping coffee after grinding. Topped with a no-spill plastic lid, you know you’ll be grinding beans without any mess or trouble.
The grinder is available in four colors.
Click here to learn more about the Bodum Bistro Grinder, read customer reviews and to buy it.
Capresso 560.01 Infinity Conical Burr Grinder:
This grinder is great for anyone who wants to grind a larger coffee quantity at a time. It holds up to 8 1/2 ounces of beans and has 16 different grind settings. It also features an auto-timer which you can set anywhere between 5 seconds to 60 seconds. The plastic container holds up to 4 ounces of ground coffee. One of the setbacks of this grinder is that all its containers are made of plastic, which causes a lot of static and jumping beans, so you’re gonna have to prepare to do some serious cleaning after you’re done grinder. Other than that, it’s a good grinder at a great price point.
Click here to read more about this grinder, read the customer reviews and buy it.
Breville BCG800XL Smart Grinder – Most Grind Settings and Most Precise:
As the name of this grinder suggests, it’s a smart appliance that pretty much does everything for you! The Brevile BCG800XL Smart Grinder features an LCD screen where you can see all the options, press a button to set the number of cups you want, the type of grind and hit start… you’re all set! You don’t have to guess the proper amount of beans needed for a cup of even 10 cups of coffee, it will adjust it automatically for you. It has 25 different grind options, which works for all kinds of brewing methods, from French Press to Espresso. The noise of this grinder is minimal, and it does not make any after-grind mess. It’s built from brushed stainless steel body, so it is durable and remains clean and spotless. This grinder is on the pricey side, which can be a deal breaker for someone who is on a budget. But if you’re looking for something that will last you for a long time, and does what a $600 grinder does, this is the one to go with.
Click here to learn more about this grinder, read customer reviews and buy it.
Update: The Breville Smart Grinder has been updated to a newer model called Breville BCG820BSSXL The Smart Grinder Pro which looks quite similar to the Smart Grinder but has more features:
- It has 60 grind settings.
- Precise Electronic Timer for more consistent dosing.
- It can grind directly into a portafilter, gold tone filter, paper filter or any ground container.
- It includes an 18 oz container with air lock lid.
Click here to learn more about The Breville Smart Grinder Pro, read the customer reviews and buy it.
- Espresso and coffee maker combos
- Pump Espresso Machine
- Manual Espresso Machine
- Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Espresso Pod Machines
- Espresso/Coffee Machines with Built-In Grinder
- Stovetop Espresso Makers
- Single-Serve Coffee Machines
- Coffee Pod Drawers
- Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Coffee Roasters
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking DoseofCaffeine.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.