Best Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines for Home
What Is a Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine?
A Semi-Automatic espresso machine features an automated pump and automated temperature control, but each feature has a separate activation button that allows you to turn it on, off and control it as you want. Semi-Auto machines are available as single boiler machines (which means you can’t extract espresso and steam/froth milk at the same time as there’s only one boiler to control the temperature) or a double-boiler (you can do the two tasks at the same time as each has its dedicated boiler/temp. control.)
These type of machines are perfect for anyone who wants an easy way to prepare espresso and coffee drinks but still wants to control how to prepare their drink. With a semi-auto, you can control the temperature, the water flow for every espresso shot and basically customize their coffee better. That’s why semi-auto espresso machines are preferred by many people.
Top Rated Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines:
Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine:
- Commercial grade espresso machine for the home-user.
- Durable stainless steel housing.
- 17 1/2 bar pump pressure with high-voltage boiler. Single boiler.
- Steam wand that works as a hot water dispenser as well.
- 72 ounce removable water tank.
- Brass portafilters and grouphead for temperature stability.
- Includes portafilter with single and double shot filter, coffee scoop, and tamper.
KRUPS XP618050 Full Stainless Steel Twin Thermo Block Espresso Machine:
- Double thermoblock boilers. 16 bar pressure pump.
- Easily program features with a touch of a button.
- 100 oz water tank with water level indicator.
- Steam wand + another independent wand for hot water.
- Durable stainless steel housing.
Read our full review of the KRUPS XP618050 Twin Thermoblock Espresso Machine.
Breville 800ESXL 15-Bar Triple-Priming Die-Cast Espresso Machine:
- 15 bar Italian pump pressure.
- Thermoblock heating system.
- Automatic adjustment of water temperature after steam for the best espresso extraction temperature.
- Triple Prime Pump technology sends bursts of hot water to moisten the coffee ground in the portafilter. This works on expanding the coffee and builds higher pressure to extract more flavorful espresso.
- 75 oz water tank.
- Steam wand/ hot water dispenser.
- Accessories included: filters, tamper, cleaning tool, stainless steel pitcher.
- Patented portafilter that pressurizes the brewing chamber to produce best extracted espresso.
- Easy to read light indicators that show you when the machine is ready to extract or ready to steam.
- Steam wand with Pannarello attachment for easier milk frothing.
- Hot water dispensing option.
- 68 oz water tank.
You can read our full review of the Saeco Via Venezia Espresso machine here.
- Espresso and coffee maker combos
- Pump Espresso Machine
- Manual Espresso Machine
- Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Espresso Pod Machines
- Espresso/Coffee Machines with Built-In Grinder
- Stovetop Espresso Makers
- Single-Serve Coffee Machines
- Coffee Pod Drawers
- Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Coffee Roasters
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking DoseofCaffeine.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.