So far, we’ve talked about the Lattissima EN720 and EN680 in our blog, and we’ve lined out the difference between them. In this post, we’ll be looking at two other lattissima models, the Lattissima Pro and Lattissima Plus.
What Is The Difference Between The Lattissima Pro and Lattissima Plus?
Like many other espresso machines, these might look quite similar when you see them for the first time. And they are, to some extent. There are two main similarities in these two machines:
- They are powered by Nespresso’s Capsule system. So you can ONLY use Nespresso capsules with them.
- They have an integrated milk frother which heats and froths the milk automatically and pours it right into your cup.
What about the differences?
- The DeLonghi Pro is a newer, much polished and much improved version of the Lattissima Plus.
- The PRO features a touch-screen display which allows you to easily customize your drinks. The PLUS has push-buttons.
- The PRO has 6 drinks already pre-set and ready for you to try! All pre-sets can be reprogrammed as well. The PLUS has 3 drink pre-sets.
- Design wise: The Lattissima PRO featured beautiful Italian design, full stainless steel body with blue LED blacklight indicators. The PLUS has plastic body, and available in few colors.
- Both machines has detachable milk frothers, but with the Lattissima PRO you can have milk froth without the need to brew coffee, which you can use for hot chocolate for example. This option isn’t available in the PLUS.
- The Lattissima PRO features a hot water dispenser which gives you boiled water instantly.
How To Use the Lattissima Pro:
This machine is another collaboration between DeLonghi and Nespresso to bring the patented features of both companies in one powerful machine to prepare espresso, cappuccino, latte, macchiato and pretty much any coffee drink you could ever crave.
- DeLonghi’s patented Single Touch hot milk system that heats and froths milk for you with a single touch.
- Nespresso’s capsule system allows you to prepare espresso with a single push of a button.
- Double boilers allow you to brew coffee and heat/froth milk at the same time.
- Detachable milk tank that allows you to easily take the tank out and place it in the fridge to save the remaining of the milk for later use.
- Illuminated control panel with button controls. Choose from 2 coffee options and 2 milk options.
- Sliding adjustable drip tray that accommodates different cup sizes.
Preparing drinks is a breeze with this machine. It does everything for you. Simple put in your preferred Nespresso capsule and push the button! Few seconds later, you’ll have a perfectly made, delicious coffee drink.
The DeLonghi EN680 M is not the latest in the DeLonghi Lattissima line, we’ve already featured the EN720 which is the latest one. Both machines work the same, but the EN720 is – obviously – an upgraded version with slight differences.
What’s the Difference Between DeLonghi Lattissima EN680 M and EN720 M?
The only difference between the two machines is in the Memory Function and Indicators for capsule tank and water tank:
- The EN680 M features a memory function for Cappuccino, Latte and Macchiato. EN720 M has a memory function for: Cappuccino, Latte, Macchiato, Espresso, Long coffee, Milk and Hot Water.
- The EN680 lacks the indicators that tell you that your capsules drawer is full and an empty tank indicator. The EN720 has both indicators.
Sleek Italian design meets super automatic powers. The DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica is just that, it is magnificent! This machine is perfect for anyone looking for an automatic espresso machine that does it all for an incredible budget of under $1000!
What makes this machine one of the best machines for home?
- It’s a super-automatic, all-in-one unit. It’s easy to use with simple push-button options.
- The front panel features buttons which allow you to customize your coffee – size and quantity- choose from: short, long, regular or strong. You can also choose the amount of water for your cup of coffee.
- It features a patented Cappuccino system that steams and froths milk for the creamiest cup of Cappuccino.
- An integrated grinder gives you a ‘direct-to-brew’ experience. Which means fresh coffee made from the freshest coffee grind.
- Because this machine understand different coffee taste comes from different grinds, it allows you to adjust the grind setting to get your preferred grind fineness. You assure your espresso will be perfectly made to your taste, every single time!
- The DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica features dual boilers, one of the espresso extraction and the other for milk steamer. Which means, you can make coffee and steam/froth milk at the same time. (Unlike machines with one boiler, which require you to wait between the espresso extraction and the milk steaming).
- Removable water tank and coffee bean container. This allows for easy refill of water and beans without having to move the entire machine.
- The Magnifica’s exclusive cup tray keeps your cup warm before use.
Any cons to the Magnifica ESAM3300?
- The insides of the machine has many plastic parts, which can be of concern to some people.
- It can get a little noisy.
- There’s no auto start option. But the machine does start up quickly
DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Compared To Other Machines:
DeLonghi Magnifica vs. Gaggia Brera:
Brera is another super automatic espresso maker by Italian brand Gaggia. They have similar features and prepare the same coffee beverages, but there are slight differences in design and performance.
- Starting with the grinder, both espresso machines have built-in conical burrs, DeLonghi’s grinder are steel while Gaggia’s are made of ceramic. The great thing about ceramic grinders is that there’s little to no chance of rusting. Also, there’s less heat transfer from the burrs to the beans while grinding.
- Design wise, the Brera has a digital display along with the buttons, which makes it easier to program and control. The DeLonghi has the same button controls but doesn’t have a display.
- The frothing wands on the machines are slightly different in design. The DeLonghi has a want with a plastic exterior, while the Brera has a stainless steel wand.
- Both machines is made in Italy.
The KRUPS Espresseria Full Automatic Espresso Machine is something that every espresso/coffee lover who appreciates convenient needs in their kitchen. It’s an all-in-one unit that makes you several coffee drinks in a matter of seconds. Made in France by the reputable German brand KRUPS, this is definitely one of one the best super-automatic espresso machines on the market.
Who is it best for?
Like we mentioned above, it is perfect for a lazy coffee lover who wants to grab a quick yet great cup of coffee or espresso with a push of a button.
What makes it the best?
- It’s a fully automated espresso machine that requires no work on your part.
- It’s an all-in-one machine. It stores and grinds coffee beans, and brews the freshly ground coffee into espresso, strong espresso, coffee or long coffee.
- an integrated milk tank and milk frother allows you to create more specialized milk-based coffee drinks such as: Cappuccino, Latte or Macchiato.
- It’s has fantastic self-cleaning features. After your coffee is brewed, excess water is automatically discharged to clean the machine. Auto-rinsing and descaling programs are available too.
- The clear LCD display and the ‘one touch’ button allow you to easily control your machine. From tailor-made drinks, control the size of your coffee, cleaning options or auto-start options – all easily controlled by one button and the LCD display.
- The integrated water tank fills up 1.8 liters of water and has an empty tank detection option. So when your machine runs out of water, it will tell you so on the LCD display.
- The coffee bean storage tank takes up to 275 grams of coffee. The beans are safely stored there, and the machines takes and grinds as much as it needs to make you your tailor-made espresso/coffee. The result is the freshest cup of coffee you can get!
- The machine also features a hot water dispenser, which you can use to make tea, hot chocolate or even soup!
- The coffee outlet is height-adjustable so you can adjust it to any cup size you want to use. Lower it down for small espresso cups or lift it up for larger latte cups.
- Compared to other espresso machines, this machine is rather on the compact size.
- Available in two colors: black or red.
Want to see it in action? Watch the following video:
Any downside (CONS) to the Krups Espresseria Full Automatic Espresso Machine?
Many customers have mentioned that they’re not happy with the fact that few of the machine parts are made of plastic, questioning the fact that the plastic would not crack with the heat. But you do get 2 years (or 6,000 cups) warranty, so if you should have any problem within that time, you’ll get proper support for it.
The Jura Capresso ENA5 is an automatic espresso machine and coffee center for under $1000*. It’s a one-touch machine and totally customizable to make you a coffee drink just as you like.
(*Price is correct as of writing of this post. Prices are subject to change by sellers)
- Built-in conical burr grinder with multiple grind options (5 different grinds)
- Pre-ground coffee can be used as well.
- Dual dispensing spout for making one or two shots at the same time.
- Dispensing spout is hight adjustable and rotating.
- Interactive multi-color display and easy to use dial is used to customize your drinks and program your machine.
- frothXpress milk frothing system makes it easy to froth milk for coffee drinks.
- Hot water dispensing option also available.
- Auto self-rinsing keeps the machine always clean and ready to use.
With an automatic machine like the Jura ENA5, you’ll be able to make any coffee drink from brewed coffee to espresso, cappuccino, latte, macchiato… and any gourmet coffee drink there is! The built-in conical burr grinder grinds only as much coffee ground you need for the drink it will prepare. This gives you absolutely the freshest cup of coffee you can have! All you have to do is push a button and the Jura ENA5 will grind and dose the perfect amount of coffee to make your requested drink. Your drink will always be perfectly balanced, fresh and delicious!
There are a few cons associated with the Jura ENA5, they’re not a deal-breaker for most people, but it’s up for you to decide:
- Lack of cup warming tray: some people appreciate the cup tray on top of an espresso machine, they keep cups hot and ready to use. However, rinsing the cup with hot water (using the dispenser) will make your cup even hotter than a warming tray.
- Relatively small water tank: the water tank is about 37 oz. so depending on your use, more than one refill could be required per day. The reason the tank is small is because this machine is one of the smallest automatic espresso machines in the world, so the tank has to be small to keep that title.
- No Auto-on option: a clock and an auto-on option would be greatly appreciated by anyone who wants to wake up to a machine ready to use in the morning. However, the Jura ENA5 takes only a few minutes to heat up and work, so it won’t take much time before you can use it.
Overall, the Jura ENA5 Coffee and Espresso machine is a great automatic machine and it comes highly recommended. Available in two colors: Red and Black.
The De’Longhi EN720.M Lattissima espresso and cappuccino maker with Capsules system is powered by Nespresso’s leading and powerful capsules system. This machines makes it super easy to create delicious gourmet coffee drinks with a touch of a button.
The De’Longhi Nespresso EN720.M Lattissima is truly automatic and mess-free, it features:
- A simple touch of a button system for gourmet coffee drinks.
- A detachable, patented “single touch” milk tank.
- Control panel with illuminated touch buttons. Choose from 2 coffee options and 2 milk options.
- An easy to use capsule system. Insert your favorite coffee capsule and brew your drink with a touch of a button.
- Automatic capsule ejection after the drink is brewed.
- Energy-saving and adjustable auto on/off timer.
- Adjustable drip tray that can accommodate different cup sizes.
- Cup warmer tray that keeps your Espresso cups always ready for use.
The brilliance of this machine comes in the fact that Nespresso provided its patented capsule system and De’Longhi came with its patented detachable milk container. Unlike other machines, this container is detachable so you can move it easily and store it in the fridge to save unused milk, instead of having it go to waste. This is a truly, fully automatic machine. All you’ll have to do is: place the capsule, put the milk container in place, place your cup and press the button for your preferred drink – and you’ve got yourself a delicious aromatic cup of authentic Italian coffee. After the coffee is done brewing, the machine will eject the capsule into a container that collects all used capsules before you have to dispose them. And you can move the milk tank to the fridge until you have to use it again.
For a fully automatic espresso machine, it is priced very well under $1000 (most automatic espresso machines are $1000+ – see our pick of automatic machines under $1000 here). It sets itself apart with a large 40 ounce water tank, and a removable milk tank that other De’Longhi Lattissima machines might lack. It’s capsule system makes it super easy to use and absolutely mess-free.
This machine is compatible with all of Nespresso’s OriginalLine capsules. This includes capsules from Nespresso as well as capsules from other brands. This means you can enjoy a large variety of coffee capsules without worrying that you’ll get stuck with one brand.
DeLonghi EN720 vs. EN680, Is There a Difference?
We’ve previously featured the Lattissima EN680 on our blog. It’s almost identical to the EN72o in every way, however, it is an older version of it. There are extra features in the EN720 that would make it worth the price difference:
- It has dedicated buttons for each drink. It’s all pre-set so you simply push a button and let it do everything for you.
- It features full pod drawer and empty water tank indicators.
- Illuminated control panel.
Overall, the EN720 is more advanced than the EN680, but also costs more. If you’re on a tight budget, you can let go of a few features and go for the EN680 without worrying about drink quality.
There’s no better feeling than getting your favorite foamy cup of Cappuccino with a quick touch of a button, made of the freshest ground beans which you’ll know from the aroma of the coffee brewed by the Jura ENA Micro 9 One Touch Automatic Coffee Center.
The Jura ENA Micro One Touch is a follow up machine to the Jura ENA One Touch, with many improvements and a compact size – a super automatic Espresso/Cappuccino machine has never been this small. In fact, the Jura ENA Micro 9 One Touch is the WORLD’S SMALLEST automatic espresso machine! (as of time of writing). Dimensions of this machine are (W x H x D): 9.06 x 12.72 x 17.52 in.
But the small size does not compromise the superiority of how this machine work. You will get absolutely delicious gourmet coffee drinks, with a simple touch of a button.
- Integrated conical burr bean grinder, with a sealed compartment to ensure ultimate freshness.
- Special silicone seal keeps the bean container air-tight, this coffee beans are kept fresh for a long time and intensifies the aroma inside the cup
- Programmable brewing options, coffee strength and temperature.
- Height adjustable coffee sprout.
- Cappuccino milk frother.
- Integrated rinsing, cleaning and descaling program.
- Hot water dispenser.
Using the Jura ENA Micro 9 One Touch is pretty straight forward, it really does operate with a simple touch of a button. Each drink has it’s dedicated button, press on it and the machine will do the rest! With the programmable options of this machine, you can easily alter the drink size, strength and temperature to your taste. Your coffee center, customized exactly to your taste.
Now there are few things to keep in mind, while this is labeled the smallest cappuccino machine in the world, you have to realize that this is comparatively to other super automatic espresso/coffee machines. Other espresso machines of different categories (A capsule machine like Nespresso, for example) are obviously smaller – and cheaper. However, a super automatic like the Jura is perfect for someone who consumes a lot of coffee or entertains a lot of people, while initially the machine can be costly, it is a lot cheaper in the long run. There’s no contact cost of pods, only your favorite bag of coffee beans which calculates to cents per cup.
This machine is excellent for replacing a few things in your kitchen:
- If you keep your coffee beans in a jar – no need for that. It will stay fresh inside the bean tank of the Jura.
- A water boiler for hot drinks is not needed anymore. Simply dispense hot water immediately from the machine.
- No need for a coffee maker. This will make you your regular coffee as well as cappuccino or espresso.
- No need for a high quality burr coffee grinder as well. the Jura will grind as much beans you need for that fresh cup of coffee, no more wasted beans.
Where To Buy a Refurbished Jura ENA Micro 9?
If you want a Jura but consider it to be out of your budget, then here’s one thing to consider; buy a refurbished machine instead of a brand new one. A refurbished machine will be cleaned and tested by Jura, so it’s always going to be up to the highest standard and you get to save up to 50% off the original price! (that’s depending on model and availability).
Specification of Jura ENA Micro 9:
Here are the specific programs, drinks and customizations the ENA Micro 9 can offer:
Beverages: Espresso, Long Coffee, Cappuccino and Latte Macchiato.
Customizable Options: drink volume, milk volume, water temperature (normal/high), brew strength (normal/strong).
Grinder: choose from 5 grind settings to adjust fineness or strength of coffee.
Ease of Use:
The ENA Micro 9 is single-push of a button machine, so there’s no issue with using it at all. If you’re going to customize your settings, that will obviously take a few extra clicks, but your customization will be saved for next use and until you program it again. As you might have noticed from the photos, the control panel has a dedicated button for each drink. So all it takes for you to make your favorite drink is to press that button and the machine will do the rest.
Making a milk based coffee drink like a cappuccino or latte traditionally calls for a frothing wand, which many espresso machines have. The ENA Micro 9 doesn’t have a wand, but it does froth milk automatically using a connected attachment. You can put the milk in any container you have and place in the rubber attachment for the machine to froth the milk. The down side of the ENA Micro 9 is that it doesn’t include a container, but you can use anything you have in hand. Also there’s no temperature control for the milk.
Watch It In Action:
If Nespresso machines are known for one thing, it’s luxury-convenience. And Nespresso D520 Gran Maestria is the most luxurious and convenient of all Nespresso machines. While most Nespresso machines are set up to make Espresso with a push of a button, the Gran Maestria makes you all kinds of gourmet coffee drinks with the same ease of use.
The Nespresso D520 features:
– Stainless steel Aeroccino milk frother for frothing hot or cold milk
– Cup heating tray
– Easy insertion and ejection of capsules.
– Can hold up to 10 or 14 capsules before having to dispose them.
– Pivoting cup tray allows you to place cups of all sizes.
First thing you’ll notice about the Gran Maestria machine is how sleek and well-designed it is, the machine will look wonderful on your kitchen counter. How this machine differs from other Nespresso machines is that it has the function to automatically adjust the coffee quantity or you can adjust it manually using the dials you see on the top of the machine. The gives you total freedom of creating your favorite coffee drink exactly how you like it.
The Aeroccino milk frother is attached to the base of the machine. It makes a nice foamy milk for all your coffee drinks; cappuccino, latte or macchiato. Using one of the large variety of Nespresso capsules, you are guaranteed the best tasting coffee made in the easiest way possible. Not to mention at the fraction of the price you would pay in any local cafe.
Gran Maestria D520 vs. C520, Is There a Difference Between Them?
No, there is no difference between the Gran Maestria D520 or C520. The change in names of the models only refers to the colors.
- The D520 is Platinum.
- The C520 is Titanium.
Watch How The Gran Maestria Works:
Gran Maestria or Pixie, Which Should You Choose?
The Nespresso Gran Maestria is the highest of all Nespresso machines, and it shows in its design, material and of course, price. This often makes you wonder why go for the Gran Maestria when you can go for the Pixie, for example, and get the same quality of coffee? Well, there’s a lot of difference on how both machines operate actually.
Coffee Volume Adjustment:
- On the Pixie, you can press and hold the button to reprogram the volume of coffee for each size and the machine will remember it. You’ll have to repeat this every time you want to reprogram the size or volume.
- With the Gran Maestria, each dial for the Espresso or Lungo has preset volumes. 5 sizes for each option, to be exact. So you have options pre-set for you and can be easily reused without the need to reprogram.
The Built-in Aeroccino Milk frother:
- You can get your pixie (or other smaller Nespresso machines) bundled with an Aeroccino milk frother. The CitiZ has the option for a built-in Aeroccino.
- Gran Maestria’s Aeroccino is actually different than others. It’s built onto the base of the machine, but it doesn’t have any buttons on it like other Aeroccinos. The frother is actually controlled on the Gran Maestria itself, which has a dial to choose from froth size or hot or cold milk.
The Construction Quality:
- The Pixie has a really good build with its metal panels on the side, but it does has some plastic parts, too.
- The Gran Maestria is fully metal. It’s strikingly beautiful and very luxurious.
Cup Warming Tray:
- The Gran Maestria is the only Nespresso machine with a cup warming tray. On the left side, you’ll notice a circle that looks like a fan. Hold your cup upside down and push it down on it and the machine will start generating hot air to warm your cup. The process is even timed for the perfect results.
So, Which To Choose?
The Gran Maestria is on the high-end of the spectrum. If you have the budget of over $600, it will not disappoint. You’ll get the ultimate luxury experience, and the highest quality possible when it comes to construction.
If you cannot afford the Gran Maestria, the Pixie or maybe the CitiZ should be a fantastic option, too.
Selecting the best espresso machine for home is a daunting task as there are an innumerable numbers of top brands selling espresso machines in the market. Not to mention, a fully automatic espresso machine can run you up to $2000. However, if you are willing to spend up to $1000, you will certainly be able to find quite a few machines that will fit in this budget and work superbly. There are a number of best automatic espresso machines in the market that are under $1000 offering enhanced build quality along with superior features that will give you a true barista-like experience right at your home: an automatic espresso machines with grinder such as Saeco Focus Automatic Espresso Machine, Nespresso Maestria Coffee Machine (with capsules system) and DeLonghi Compact Automatic Cappuccino Latte and Espresso Machine (with grinder) are the top three automatic espresso machines under $1000. (prices are correct at of the writing of this post. Prices are subject to change by sellers)
Jura ImpressaC56 Automatic Espresso and Coffee Machine:
Jura has always been the go-to brand for fully automatic espresso machines. They’re of high quality and quite simply to use. As you can see from the photo, there’s not many buttons on the machine. Instead, it uses a single rotary switch and a display that you can choose your drinks and programs from. The built-in conical burr grinder prepares your coffee ground just before brewing, for the most aromatic cup of coffee. And strength can be adjusted to your liking, of course. The milk frother is designed to create light and creamy froth texture for you to create your favorite drinks. The coffee spout is height adjustable, this way, you can lower it for short cups or lift it up to accommodate tall latte cups.
Saeco Focus Automatic Espresso Machine:
If you are looking for an espresso machine that is compact and easy-to-use, the Saeco Focus Automatic Espresso Machine fits the bill perfectly. It has a compact frame which is much smaller than many other espresso machines that will enable you to easily fit the machine under your cabinet. This super-automatic machine has incredible features such as Rapid Steam that ensures there is always right temperature, Optidose and Aroma Systems that pre-wets the coffee grinds for best coffee extraction and all this has been created keeping in mind user-convenience. Saeco Focus is very easy to operate and maintain due to the three color display icons. It has a special Ceramic Grinder that grinds the coffee beans in just the ideal way. Furthermore, Saeco Focus also has a 40-ounce detachable water tank with Intenza water filter and energy savings functions that will shut down the machine after a certain amount of time to save energy. The protective bean hopper consists of an airtight sealed lid with anti-UV coating that keeps the bean fresh for a lengthy period of time. The Focus’s bypass doser located on the top of the machine allows you to quickly brew pre-ground coffee even if you are in a rush. With a modern exterior build, a jet black body and LED digital display, Saeco Focus Automatic Espresso Machine will stand out in any kitchen.
Nespresso Maestria Coffee Machine:
Nespresso’s latest invention, the Maestria Coffee Machine combines the classic espresso extraction technology with a brand new steam wand feature. It has an adjustable coffee volume and a high-quality steam pipe that allows you to enjoy delicious espresso, cappuccinos and latte’s at your home. In addition, it allows trouble-free insertion and ejection of capsules. Besides this, it can hold up to 10 to 14 used capsules, it has a detachable 34 oz water tank, automatic and flexible coffee volume quantity dials, revolving cup shelf that will accommodate tall glasses, a compact brewing unit technology, thermo block heating element, 25 seconds fast preheating time and 19 Bar High Pressure Pump along with a descaling alarm and water hardness setting. The Nespresso Maestrai Coffee Machine is made with first class aluminum that is durable enough to let you enjoy the perfect espresso for years to come.
DeLonghi Magnifica S ECAM22110SB Compact Automatic Cappuccino, Latte and Espresso Machine:
DeLonghi Compact Automatic Cappuccino, Latte and Espresso Machine has all the features of a top super automatic espresso machine. Its compact size is an added advantage for those who have less space in their kitchen. The key features of DeLonghi Machine are its direct-to-brew grinding system and the steam wand. The direct-to-brew grinding system grinds the beans right before they are brewed and the steam wand helps in frothing the milk to get the finest latte’s and cappuccino’s. You can choose from extra-mild to extra-strong flavor from the five coffee-strength settings and cup-size settings. It also has water-filtration system for automatic filtering of water. Other feature includes user-friendly manual settings, convenient water filtration, a cup warmer and a detachable drip tray. Now you can take pleasure in brewing an authentic Italian cup of coffee right in your own home with the DeLonghi Compact Automatic Cappuccino, Latte and Espresso Machine.
DeLonghi Magnifica S vs. Saeco Focus: What’s The Difference And Which Should You Buy?
Since both of these recommendations fall under the Super-Auto category, we’ll compare them to each other. They are actually very close in features:
- Both have dedicated buttons.
- Both have dial knob for grind adjustment.
- Both have LCD displays.
- Adjustable spouts
The only difference we can spot is:
- The DeLonghi uses a steel conical burr grinder
- The Saeco Focus uses a ceramic burr grinder which never rusts.
- Espresso and coffee maker combos
- Pump Espresso Machine
- Manual Espresso Machine
- Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Espresso Pod Machines
- Espresso/Coffee Machines with Built-In Grinder
- Stovetop Espresso Makers
- Single-Serve Coffee Machines
- Coffee Pod Drawers
- Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Coffee Roasters
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking DoseofCaffeine.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.