Here’s one truly super-automatic machine that will most likely double up your caffeine intake – because it’s that easy to use and produces the most delicious drinks possible! The Gaggia Accademia espresso machine is an all-in-one machine that does it all with a single push of a button. Whatever coffee drink you want, it prepares it on demand starting from coffee grinding to milk frothing and pour. Push the dedicated button for your preferred drink and watch the machine does it all. It will also clean and maintain itself automatically, so all you have to worry about is which coffee drink you want to start your day with and which you want to end it with.
- Six dedicated buttons for different coffee drinks.
- A display screen for easy control.
- Fully adjustable and programmable machine. Program coffee quantity from 7 to 10 cups.
- Adjustable coffee dispenser that can accommodate different cup sizes.
- Built-in steam wand.
- Built-in ceramic conical burr grinder.
- Bean hopper with double lid that keeps your coffee beans fresh and saves aroma.
- Coffee ground container that is detachable and can be removed from the front.
- Hot water dispenser.
- Durable stainless steel housing.
One of the best features the Gaggia Accademia has is that is automatically rinses itself before and after every use, so you know your next cup will never have that left-over taste. The machine grinds and doses the perfect amount of coffee for your required drink, that guarantees you a well-made cup of coffee every time.
This machine is on the high-end of espresso machines, it is quite pricey and many people might not consider it because of it. However, you have to keep in mind that is this a SUPER-AUTOMATIC machine, it does the the required work – including the dreaded cleaning part – so you’ll be paying for true luxury. Not to mention that it is a more durable option. There are many Automatic espresso machines available for under $1000 (many we’ve featured here)that can work as well as this one, but they will require your attention when it comes to cleaning and maintaining them.
The one complaint the Gaggia Accademia has been receiving this that sometimes the milk is not hot enough. If this is a problem you should ever encounter, what can be done is use the steam wand to quickly make the milk hotter in seconds. This issue is known with all super-automatic machines, they’re built to believe you’ll be consuming your coffee immediately after brewing so they heat the milk just enough for you to be able to drink it right away. So using the steam wand to bring it up a few degrees will solve this.
Other than that, the Gaggia Accademia is one smart super-automatic that will make you forget about any coffee chain you’ve ever visit and take your right to the cafes of Europe, every single day.
Super-automatic espresso machines come with a price tag of over $500, which does not fit many people’s budget. However, there is a small number of super automatics priced under $500* and it’s quite a steal. We’re featuring the best ones here.
(*Price is correct as of writing of this post. Prices are subject to change by sellers)
What is a Super-Automatic Espresso Machine?
An espresso machine is labelled as a super automatic when it features simple to use, push-button operating buttons, a built-in grinder, and a milk frothing system. It can make any coffee drink, with a push of a button, and as fresh as possible as it grinds only as much coffee you need to brew the drink you’re making. This ensures the freshest espresso crema and aroma, and the most delicious coffee drink possible!
A super-automatic is an all-in-one machine, and that’s why they’re quite pricey. Most ones are available at the price range of $700 and up to $2000 and more. So getting a super-automatic for under $500 really is quite a steal.
Here are the top rated super-automatic machines for under $500:
Note: We’ve highlighted the unique features in each machine in blue for easy comparison.
DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso Machine:
- Can make espresso, coffee, cappuccino, latte and many more coffee drinks with a touch of a button.
- Built-in burr grinder gives you a beans-to-brew system. Your cup of coffee is guaranteed ultimate freshness, every time!
- Patented ‘Cappuccino System’ that froths and mixes the milk perfectly for your cappuccino or latte.
- Instant Reheat – a feature that allows you to instantly reheat the core of the machine to ensure that it is at perfect temperature.
- Double boiler system allows you to brew coffee and steam milk at the same time.
- Easy to use dials and buttons for push-button machine control.
- Programmable menu settings.
- 60 oz water tank. 7 ounce bean container.
- Cup warming tray keeps your cups warm and ready to use.
Philips Saeco Vienna Plus Automatic Espresso Machine:
- Brews delicious coffee drinks including espresso, cappuccino, latte and coffee.
- Built-in conical burr grinder with Opti-Dose adjustable doser.
- 12 ounce bean container.
- 57 ounce removable water tank.
- Pannarello frothing/steam wand for heating and frothing milk to use for gourmet coffee drinks.
- Steam wand is also used as a hot water dispenser.
- Push button controls and dial for easy setting.
- Removable parts for easy cleaning.
Philips Saeco Odea Go Fully Automatic Espresso Machine:
- Prepare all kinds of coffee drinks.
- Built-in ceramic grinder that is easy to clean, will never rust, provides more consistent grind and never rubs off flavor on coffee.
- Pannarello steam wand also doubles as a hot water dispenser.
- Dial + push-button controls.
- Can brew 1 or 2 cups at the same time.
- 50 ounce removable water tank.
- 1/4 pound capacity bean hopper with a seal to keep it fresh.
- Adjustable drip tray to accommodate different cup sizes.
The Jura Capresso ENA5 is an automatic espresso machine and coffee center for under $1000*. It’s a one-touch machine and totally customizable to make you a coffee drink just as you like.
(*Price is correct as of writing of this post. Prices are subject to change by sellers)
- Built-in conical burr grinder with multiple grind options (5 different grinds)
- Pre-ground coffee can be used as well.
- Dual dispensing spout for making one or two shots at the same time.
- Dispensing spout is hight adjustable and rotating.
- Interactive multi-color display and easy to use dial is used to customize your drinks and program your machine.
- frothXpress milk frothing system makes it easy to froth milk for coffee drinks.
- Hot water dispensing option also available.
- Auto self-rinsing keeps the machine always clean and ready to use.
With an automatic machine like the Jura ENA5, you’ll be able to make any coffee drink from brewed coffee to espresso, cappuccino, latte, macchiato… and any gourmet coffee drink there is! The built-in conical burr grinder grinds only as much coffee ground you need for the drink it will prepare. This gives you absolutely the freshest cup of coffee you can have! All you have to do is push a button and the Jura ENA5 will grind and dose the perfect amount of coffee to make your requested drink. Your drink will always be perfectly balanced, fresh and delicious!
There are a few cons associated with the Jura ENA5, they’re not a deal-breaker for most people, but it’s up for you to decide:
- Lack of cup warming tray: some people appreciate the cup tray on top of an espresso machine, they keep cups hot and ready to use. However, rinsing the cup with hot water (using the dispenser) will make your cup even hotter than a warming tray.
- Relatively small water tank: the water tank is about 37 oz. so depending on your use, more than one refill could be required per day. The reason the tank is small is because this machine is one of the smallest automatic espresso machines in the world, so the tank has to be small to keep that title.
- No Auto-on option: a clock and an auto-on option would be greatly appreciated by anyone who wants to wake up to a machine ready to use in the morning. However, the Jura ENA5 takes only a few minutes to heat up and work, so it won’t take much time before you can use it.
Overall, the Jura ENA5 Coffee and Espresso machine is a great automatic machine and it comes highly recommended. Available in two colors: Red and Black.
We’ve featured many DeLonghi espresso machines (see them here) before, mostly pump machines for anyone looking for a great manual machine for a budget. This DeLonghi machine, however, is quite different. This is not for the faint of heart. A SUPER Automatic machine like the DeLonghi Gran Dama Avant is for someone who is serious about the quality for their coffee at home. A very powerful machine that does everything from grinding to frothing and creating the most delicious cup of coffee with ONE touch of a button. It comes with a serious price tag, so it’s not for anyone’s budget, but it’s something that you’ll purchase once and it should last you for a lifetime!
Features of the DeLonghi ESAM6700 Gran Dama Avant:
- Patented ‘Single Touch’ hot milk system that prepares Cappuccino, Latte and Italian Macchiato with a single touch of a button. All you have to do is fill the milk tank and slide it onto the machine.
- Digital Touch Screen control panel with programmable settings: auto on/off, clock, temperature, coffee strength (5 settings) and cup sizes (4 settings).
- Built-in grinder that grinds beans as you request to make a cup of coffee, which ensures the freshest cup of coffee you can get!
- You can also make drip coffee using this Espresso machine. It can recreate how a drip coffee machine works. So for those days you want your regular drip of coffee, you won’t miss it with this machine.
- Adjustable drip tray can accommodate different cup sizes, large or small.
Your Gran Dama Avant machine will be quite customizable and programmable to your taste. You will be able to adjust the coffee strength and coffee volume exactly to your taste. There are 5 coffee strength to choose from and 4 coffee cup sizes. A direct-to-brew system is used to make you a fresh cup of coffee. As you click on the button of your preferred coffee drink, the machine grinds coffee bean from the integrated bean hopper and grinds the coffee using the built-in grinder right that second. Can you coffee be any more fresh? I don’t think so!
The DeLonghi Gran Dama Avant machine is one of the few machines that has a removable milk tank that you can simple take out of the machine and into the fridge, without having to waste the remaining milk. You can simply slide it back into the machine when you’re ready to make coffee again. The patented DeLonghi feature called ‘Single Touch’ hot milk will steam the milk and froth it with a single touch of a button.
Cleaning and maintaining this DeLonghi machine is super easy. It’s actually pretty automated that you don’t have to do anything. After you make a coffee drink, you’ll notice that the machine lets out some additional steam, this is to keep the machine clean always and cleans out any milk residue. You will have to use a descaling solution every few months that cleans the machine thoroughly and ensures a long lasting function, and this is a pretty straightforward and easy task.
The DeLonghi Gran Dama Avant Super Automatic Machine is a true pleasure to have. Very easy to use, very well built and should last you for many many years. It’s quite an investment, but it’s price equals the yearly expense you pay for your daily latte at your favorite chain coffee house. So think of all the money you’ll be saving a long the years!
There’s no better feeling than getting your favorite foamy cup of Cappuccino with a quick touch of a button, made of the freshest ground beans which you’ll know from the aroma of the coffee brewed by the Jura ENA Micro 9 One Touch Automatic Coffee Center.
The Jura ENA Micro One Touch is a follow up machine to the Jura ENA One Touch, with many improvements and a compact size – a super automatic Espresso/Cappuccino machine has never been this small. In fact, the Jura ENA Micro 9 One Touch is the WORLD’S SMALLEST automatic espresso machine! (as of time of writing). Dimensions of this machine are (W x H x D): 9.06 x 12.72 x 17.52 in.
But the small size does not compromise the superiority of how this machine work. You will get absolutely delicious gourmet coffee drinks, with a simple touch of a button.
- Integrated conical burr bean grinder, with a sealed compartment to ensure ultimate freshness.
- Special silicone seal keeps the bean container air-tight, this coffee beans are kept fresh for a long time and intensifies the aroma inside the cup
- Programmable brewing options, coffee strength and temperature.
- Height adjustable coffee sprout.
- Cappuccino milk frother.
- Integrated rinsing, cleaning and descaling program.
- Hot water dispenser.
Using the Jura ENA Micro 9 One Touch is pretty straight forward, it really does operate with a simple touch of a button. Each drink has it’s dedicated button, press on it and the machine will do the rest! With the programmable options of this machine, you can easily alter the drink size, strength and temperature to your taste. Your coffee center, customized exactly to your taste.
Now there are few things to keep in mind, while this is labeled the smallest cappuccino machine in the world, you have to realize that this is comparatively to other super automatic espresso/coffee machines. Other espresso machines of different categories (A capsule machine like Nespresso, for example) are obviously smaller – and cheaper. However, a super automatic like the Jura is perfect for someone who consumes a lot of coffee or entertains a lot of people, while initially the machine can be costly, it is a lot cheaper in the long run. There’s no contact cost of pods, only your favorite bag of coffee beans which calculates to cents per cup.
This machine is excellent for replacing a few things in your kitchen:
- If you keep your coffee beans in a jar – no need for that. It will stay fresh inside the bean tank of the Jura.
- A water boiler for hot drinks is not needed anymore. Simply dispense hot water immediately from the machine.
- No need for a coffee maker. This will make you your regular coffee as well as cappuccino or espresso.
- No need for a high quality burr coffee grinder as well. the Jura will grind as much beans you need for that fresh cup of coffee, no more wasted beans.
Where To Buy a Refurbished Jura ENA Micro 9?
If you want a Jura but consider it to be out of your budget, then here’s one thing to consider; buy a refurbished machine instead of a brand new one. A refurbished machine will be cleaned and tested by Jura, so it’s always going to be up to the highest standard and you get to save up to 50% off the original price! (that’s depending on model and availability).
Specification of Jura ENA Micro 9:
Here are the specific programs, drinks and customizations the ENA Micro 9 can offer:
Beverages: Espresso, Long Coffee, Cappuccino and Latte Macchiato.
Customizable Options: drink volume, milk volume, water temperature (normal/high), brew strength (normal/strong).
Grinder: choose from 5 grind settings to adjust fineness or strength of coffee.
Ease of Use:
The ENA Micro 9 is single-push of a button machine, so there’s no issue with using it at all. If you’re going to customize your settings, that will obviously take a few extra clicks, but your customization will be saved for next use and until you program it again. As you might have noticed from the photos, the control panel has a dedicated button for each drink. So all it takes for you to make your favorite drink is to press that button and the machine will do the rest.
Making a milk based coffee drink like a cappuccino or latte traditionally calls for a frothing wand, which many espresso machines have. The ENA Micro 9 doesn’t have a wand, but it does froth milk automatically using a connected attachment. You can put the milk in any container you have and place in the rubber attachment for the machine to froth the milk. The down side of the ENA Micro 9 is that it doesn’t include a container, but you can use anything you have in hand. Also there’s no temperature control for the milk.
Watch It In Action:
- Espresso and coffee maker combos
- Pump Espresso Machine
- Manual Espresso Machine
- Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Espresso Pod Machines
- Espresso/Coffee Machines with Built-In Grinder
- Stovetop Espresso Makers
- Single-Serve Coffee Machines
- Coffee Pod Drawers
- Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Coffee Roasters
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking DoseofCaffeine.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.