The Breville Cafe Aroma Stainless Steel espresso machine is a single thermoblock pump machine that you can get for under $300. A somewhat similar to the DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar Pump machine but with more upgraded features and a better built housing that makes it more durable.
Features of the Breville ESP8XL Cafe Aroma:
- Stainless steel housing, easy to clean and maintain and more durable.
- 15 bar pressure.
- Large 1-2/7-quart water tank with indicator.
- Removable drip tray and grid.
- Steam wand for milk heating and frothing.
- Included with the machine: 2 stainless steel espresso cups and a milk frothing pitcher.
The Breville Cafe Aroma is one of those machines that were created with the power of a commercial espresso machine but with the home user in mind (kind of like the Gaggia Classic and Rancilio Silvia 3 ). The stainless steel housing gives it a tough exterior and a sleek and classic design. Yet, it’s easy to operate using the dial on the front. The dual portafilter features different baskets that you can use to extract a single or a double shot of espresso, you can also use a special filter for the convenient pre-measured E.S.E espresso pods.
Using the steam wand should be quite an easy task – it will require some getting used to if this is your first time using it. You don’t need to buy a pitcher as one will be included with your purchase. In no time, you’ll be able to steam and froth milk for delicious coffee drinks like cappuccino, latte, macchiato… etc. And you’ll really love the included set of espresso cups, very European inspired stainless steel cups that will give you a great in-home Cafe experience.
Breville Cafe Roma ESP8XL vs. DeLonghi EC702:
Like we said at the start of this post, the Cafe Roma is quite the competitor to the DeLonghi EC702 as entry-level espresso makers. So, which of them do you pick?
The Breville Cafe Roma and DeLonghi EC702 are both manual espresso machines. They pretty much operate the same way.
The Breville Cafe Roma has 40 oz water reservoir capacity while the DeLonghi has 44 oz.
Design and Material:
Cafe Roma is smaller in size (9 x9 x12 inches) than the DeLonghi (11.25″ x 8.19″ x 12.5). Both espresso makers combine stainless steel with hard plastic for their exterior, but the EC702 has more plastic.
The Cafe Roma has rotary knobs for control while the DeLonghi uses push buttons.
What’s In The Box:
Cafe Roma: single/double shot filters, tamper, measuring scoop, frothing pitcher.
DeLonghi EC702: single/double shot filters, tamper, measuring scoop. You’ll have to purchase the pitcher separately.
Which Do You Choose?
As you can see, there’s hardly any special difference between the two espresso makers. In such case, I’d like to recommend you compare prices at the time you’re going to purchase and pick the best deal for your budget.
Breville Cafe Roma vs. Breville Duo Temp Pro:
The Breville Duo Temp Pro is quite a step-up from the Cafe Roma. Although it’s also a manual espresso machine, it has more features and a better heating system.
- It has a bloom function which gradually increases water pressure over the coffee ground to expand the beans before extraction.
- A purge function automatically adjusts water temperatures after steaming milk for the best espresso extraction temperature.
- It has a full brushed stainless steel body.
- Water capacity is 61 oz.
- Hot water on demand
- Included accessories: razoer dose trimming tool, single/dual filter basket, milk frothing just, water filter holder and a water filter.
- Dimensions: 11″ x 10″ x 13″
So it’s a larger machine, still manual, but has more power to produce a better shot of espresso and better milk texture.
Breville Cafe Roma vs. DeLonghi Dedica:
- Unlike the Cafe Roma, the Dedica is an automatic espresso maker. It’s a great option for beginners as well and just as easy to use.
- DeLonghi Dedica is made of better quality than the Cafe Roma. Its exterior is fully stainless steel.
- It’s rather small in size (6-inch wide), that’s one of its biggest selling points, actually. If you don’t have enough countertop space, this will be rather useful to you.
- The buttons on the Dedica are already pre-set with automatic flow stop for espresso and lungo sizes. But you can override these sizes and set your own and the machine will save them for later use.
The DeLonghi Dedica is one of the best options for any entry level espresso maker that’s also very compact in size.
- Espresso and coffee maker combos
- Pump Espresso Machine
- Manual Espresso Machine
- Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Espresso Pod Machines
- Espresso/Coffee Machines with Built-In Grinder
- Stovetop Espresso Makers
- Single-Serve Coffee Machines
- Coffee Pod Drawers
- Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Coffee Roasters
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking DoseofCaffeine.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.