The KRUPS Espresseria Full Automatic Espresso Machine is something that every espresso/coffee lover who appreciates convenient needs in their kitchen. It’s an all-in-one unit that makes you several coffee drinks in a matter of seconds. Made in France by the reputable German brand KRUPS, this is definitely one of one the best super-automatic espresso machines on the market.
Who is it best for?
Like we mentioned above, it is perfect for a lazy coffee lover who wants to grab a quick yet great cup of coffee or espresso with a push of a button.
What makes it the best?
- It’s a fully automated espresso machine that requires no work on your part.
- It’s an all-in-one machine. It stores and grinds coffee beans, and brews the freshly ground coffee into espresso, strong espresso, coffee or long coffee.
- an integrated milk tank and milk frother allows you to create more specialized milk-based coffee drinks such as: Cappuccino, Latte or Macchiato.
- It’s has fantastic self-cleaning features. After your coffee is brewed, excess water is automatically discharged to clean the machine. Auto-rinsing and descaling programs are available too.
- The clear LCD display and the ‘one touch’ button allow you to easily control your machine. From tailor-made drinks, control the size of your coffee, cleaning options or auto-start options – all easily controlled by one button and the LCD display.
- The integrated water tank fills up 1.8 liters of water and has an empty tank detection option. So when your machine runs out of water, it will tell you so on the LCD display.
- The coffee bean storage tank takes up to 275 grams of coffee. The beans are safely stored there, and the machines takes and grinds as much as it needs to make you your tailor-made espresso/coffee. The result is the freshest cup of coffee you can get!
- The machine also features a hot water dispenser, which you can use to make tea, hot chocolate or even soup!
- The coffee outlet is height-adjustable so you can adjust it to any cup size you want to use. Lower it down for small espresso cups or lift it up for larger latte cups.
- Compared to other espresso machines, this machine is rather on the compact size.
- Available in two colors: black or red.
Want to see it in action? Watch the following video:
Any downside (CONS) to the Krups Espresseria Full Automatic Espresso Machine?
Many customers have mentioned that they’re not happy with the fact that few of the machine parts are made of plastic, questioning the fact that the plastic would not crack with the heat. But you do get 2 years (or 6,000 cups) warranty, so if you should have any problem within that time, you’ll get proper support for it.
The KRUPS XP618050 is a semi-automatic espresso machine that packs some really great features for the espresso enthusiast to make use of. Designed with commercial grade features, but with the home user in mind, this is a really solid machine to have at home to make all kind of coffee drinks with ease and at a professional level.
Features of KRUPS XP618050:
- Double thermoblock system (heating system). Which means you’ll be able to brew espresso and froth/heat milk at the same time.
- 16 bar pressure.
- Programmable push-button features as well as manual.
- Large 100oz water tank with level indicator.
- Two separate nozzles: one for milk frothing/steam and another for hot water dispensing.
- Ability to brew one or two espresso shots at the same time.
- An active cup warming plate.
- Compatible with coffee ground or E.S.E pods.
The machine is built from full stainless steel exterior, making it durable and easy to clean and maintain, and of course, gives it a beautiful modern and sleek look. A polished chrome brew head is another plus in this machine.
There are easy to use buttons on the top of the KRUPS XP618050, one of a single shot, another for a double shot, one for manual use and other to program the machine. There are two knob controls on each side to go with each nozzle. On the left is the steam wand to helps you heat and froth milk. Being a dual thermoblock machine, you’ll be able to steam the milk as the machine brews the coffee – unlike a single heater machine which requires a bit of a wait between each task. On the right is the hot water dispenser, which you can use to prepare anything from Americano (which is espresso+hot water) or to brew a cup of tea. The hot water will always be ready to use.
The generous 3 Liter (100 oz) tank is something that many of espresso machines in this categories lack. This is most certainly a plus. On top of the machine, there’s an active cup warming plate that keeps your cups warm and ready to use at all times. Although professional baristas prefer to use hot water to heat the cups (which you can also do using the hot water dispenser), this is a quite pleasant feature to have.
Included with your purchase of the KRUPS XP618050 is a portafilter with single shot filter, double shot filter, a pod filter, a coffee scoop and a tamper. For the best shot of espresso, you are recommended to use a coffee grinder and grind coffee right before use (see our recommended coffee grinders for espresso here).
- Espresso and coffee maker combos
- Pump Espresso Machine
- Manual Espresso Machine
- Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Espresso Pod Machines
- Espresso/Coffee Machines with Built-In Grinder
- Stovetop Espresso Makers
- Single-Serve Coffee Machines
- Coffee Pod Drawers
- Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Coffee Roasters
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking DoseofCaffeine.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.