De’Longhi EN720 M Lattissima Review – Is It Worth It?
The De’Longhi EN720.M Lattissima espresso and cappuccino maker with Capsules system is powered by Nespresso’s leading and powerful capsules system. This machines makes it super easy to create delicious gourmet coffee drinks with a touch of a button.
The De’Longhi Nespresso EN720.M Lattissima is truly automatic and mess-free, it features:
- A simple touch of a button system for gourmet coffee drinks.
- A detachable, patented “single touch” milk tank.
- Control panel with illuminated touch buttons. Choose from 2 coffee options and 2 milk options.
- An easy to use capsule system. Insert your favorite coffee capsule and brew your drink with a touch of a button.
- Automatic capsule ejection after the drink is brewed.
- Energy-saving and adjustable auto on/off timer.
- Adjustable drip tray that can accommodate different cup sizes.
- Cup warmer tray that keeps your Espresso cups always ready for use.
The brilliance of this machine comes in the fact that Nespresso provided its patented capsule system and De’Longhi came with its patented detachable milk container. Unlike other machines, this container is detachable so you can move it easily and store it in the fridge to save unused milk, instead of having it go to waste. This is a truly, fully automatic machine. All you’ll have to do is: place the capsule, put the milk container in place, place your cup and press the button for your preferred drink – and you’ve got yourself a delicious aromatic cup of authentic Italian coffee. After the coffee is done brewing, the machine will eject the capsule into a container that collects all used capsules before you have to dispose them. And you can move the milk tank to the fridge until you have to use it again.
For a fully automatic espresso machine, it is priced very well under $1000 (most automatic espresso machines are $1000+ – see our pick of automatic machines under $1000 here). It sets itself apart with a large 40 ounce water tank, and a removable milk tank that other De’Longhi Lattissima machines might lack. It’s capsule system makes it super easy to use and absolutely mess-free.
This machine is compatible with all of Nespresso’s OriginalLine capsules. This includes capsules from Nespresso as well as capsules from other brands. This means you can enjoy a large variety of coffee capsules without worrying that you’ll get stuck with one brand.
DeLonghi EN720 vs. EN680, Is There a Difference?
We’ve previously featured the Lattissima EN680 on our blog. It’s almost identical to the EN72o in every way, however, it is an older version of it. There are extra features in the EN720 that would make it worth the price difference:
- It has dedicated buttons for each drink. It’s all pre-set so you simply push a button and let it do everything for you.
- It features full pod drawer and empty water tank indicators.
- Illuminated control panel.
Overall, the EN720 is more advanced than the EN680, but also costs more. If you’re on a tight budget, you can let go of a few features and go for the EN680 without worrying about drink quality.
- Espresso and coffee maker combos
- Pump Espresso Machine
- Manual Espresso Machine
- Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Espresso Pod Machines
- Espresso/Coffee Machines with Built-In Grinder
- Stovetop Espresso Makers
- Single-Serve Coffee Machines
- Coffee Pod Drawers
- Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Coffee Roasters
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking DoseofCaffeine.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.