KRUPS XP618050 Full Stainless Steel Twin Thermo Block Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine
The KRUPS XP618050 is a semi-automatic espresso machine that packs some really great features for the espresso enthusiast to make use of. Designed with commercial grade features, but with the home user in mind, this is a really solid machine to have at home to make all kind of coffee drinks with ease and at a professional level.
Features of KRUPS XP618050:
- Double thermoblock system (heating system). Which means you’ll be able to brew espresso and froth/heat milk at the same time.
- 16 bar pressure.
- Programmable push-button features as well as manual.
- Large 100oz water tank with level indicator.
- Two separate nozzles: one for milk frothing/steam and another for hot water dispensing.
- Ability to brew one or two espresso shots at the same time.
- An active cup warming plate.
- Compatible with coffee ground or E.S.E pods.
The machine is built from full stainless steel exterior, making it durable and easy to clean and maintain, and of course, gives it a beautiful modern and sleek look. A polished chrome brew head is another plus in this machine.
There are easy to use buttons on the top of the KRUPS XP618050, one of a single shot, another for a double shot, one for manual use and other to program the machine. There are two knob controls on each side to go with each nozzle. On the left is the steam wand to helps you heat and froth milk. Being a dual thermoblock machine, you’ll be able to steam the milk as the machine brews the coffee – unlike a single heater machine which requires a bit of a wait between each task. On the right is the hot water dispenser, which you can use to prepare anything from Americano (which is espresso+hot water) or to brew a cup of tea. The hot water will always be ready to use.
The generous 3 Liter (100 oz) tank is something that many of espresso machines in this categories lack. This is most certainly a plus. On top of the machine, there’s an active cup warming plate that keeps your cups warm and ready to use at all times. Although professional baristas prefer to use hot water to heat the cups (which you can also do using the hot water dispenser), this is a quite pleasant feature to have.
Included with your purchase of the KRUPS XP618050 is a portafilter with single shot filter, double shot filter, a pod filter, a coffee scoop and a tamper. For the best shot of espresso, you are recommended to use a coffee grinder and grind coffee right before use (see our recommended coffee grinders for espresso here).
- Espresso and coffee maker combos
- Pump Espresso Machine
- Manual Espresso Machine
- Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Espresso Pod Machines
- Espresso/Coffee Machines with Built-In Grinder
- Stovetop Espresso Makers
- Single-Serve Coffee Machines
- Coffee Pod Drawers
- Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Coffee Roasters
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking DoseofCaffeine.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.