Nespresso D520 Gran Maestria Espresso Maker
If Nespresso machines are known for one thing, it’s luxury-convenience. And Nespresso D520 Gran Maestria is the most luxurious and convenient of all Nespresso machines. While most Nespresso machines are set up to make Espresso with a push of a button, the Gran Maestria makes you all kinds of gourmet coffee drinks with the same ease of use.
The Nespresso D520 features:
– Stainless steel Aeroccino milk frother for frothing hot or cold milk
– Cup heating tray
– Easy insertion and ejection of capsules.
– Can hold up to 10 or 14 capsules before having to dispose them.
– Pivoting cup tray allows you to place cups of all sizes.
First thing you’ll notice about the Gran Maestria machine is how sleek and well-designed it is, the machine will look wonderful on your kitchen counter. How this machine differs from other Nespresso machines is that it has the function to automatically adjust the coffee quantity or you can adjust it manually using the dials you see on the top of the machine. The gives you total freedom of creating your favorite coffee drink exactly how you like it.
The Aeroccino milk frother is attached to the base of the machine. It makes a nice foamy milk for all your coffee drinks; cappuccino, latte or macchiato. Using one of the large variety of Nespresso capsules, you are guaranteed the best tasting coffee made in the easiest way possible. Not to mention at the fraction of the price you would pay in any local cafe.
Gran Maestria D520 vs. C520, Is There a Difference Between Them?
No, there is no difference between the Gran Maestria D520 or C520. The change in names of the models only refers to the colors.
- The D520 is Platinum.
- The C520 is Titanium.
Watch How The Gran Maestria Works:
Gran Maestria or Pixie, Which Should You Choose?
The Nespresso Gran Maestria is the highest of all Nespresso machines, and it shows in its design, material and of course, price. This often makes you wonder why go for the Gran Maestria when you can go for the Pixie, for example, and get the same quality of coffee? Well, there’s a lot of difference on how both machines operate actually.
Coffee Volume Adjustment:
- On the Pixie, you can press and hold the button to reprogram the volume of coffee for each size and the machine will remember it. You’ll have to repeat this every time you want to reprogram the size or volume.
- With the Gran Maestria, each dial for the Espresso or Lungo has preset volumes. 5 sizes for each option, to be exact. So you have options pre-set for you and can be easily reused without the need to reprogram.
The Built-in Aeroccino Milk frother:
- You can get your pixie (or other smaller Nespresso machines) bundled with an Aeroccino milk frother. The CitiZ has the option for a built-in Aeroccino.
- Gran Maestria’s Aeroccino is actually different than others. It’s built onto the base of the machine, but it doesn’t have any buttons on it like other Aeroccinos. The frother is actually controlled on the Gran Maestria itself, which has a dial to choose from froth size or hot or cold milk.
The Construction Quality:
- The Pixie has a really good build with its metal panels on the side, but it does has some plastic parts, too.
- The Gran Maestria is fully metal. It’s strikingly beautiful and very luxurious.
Cup Warming Tray:
- The Gran Maestria is the only Nespresso machine with a cup warming tray. On the left side, you’ll notice a circle that looks like a fan. Hold your cup upside down and push it down on it and the machine will start generating hot air to warm your cup. The process is even timed for the perfect results.
So, Which To Choose?
The Gran Maestria is on the high-end of the spectrum. If you have the budget of over $600, it will not disappoint. You’ll get the ultimate luxury experience, and the highest quality possible when it comes to construction.
If you cannot afford the Gran Maestria, the Pixie or maybe the CitiZ should be a fantastic option, too.
- Espresso and coffee maker combos
- Pump Espresso Machine
- Manual Espresso Machine
- Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Espresso Pod Machines
- Espresso/Coffee Machines with Built-In Grinder
- Stovetop Espresso Makers
- Single-Serve Coffee Machines
- Coffee Pod Drawers
- Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Coffee Roasters
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking DoseofCaffeine.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.